Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Kairouan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Kairouan

Share your knowledge with us, Welcome to the English Department

4 posters

Internet addict??

charradi myriam
    charradi myriam

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2006-11-23

Character sheet
    Dice Game:
    Internet addict?? Left_bar_bleue100/100Internet addict?? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Internet addict?? Empty Internet addict??

Post by charradi myriam Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:35 am

If you're unable to pull yourself away from your monitor, you may be an internet addict. Find out by taking the quiz below.

1/The first thing you do in the morning is check your email : True /False
    2/The last thing you do before you go to bed is check your email: True/False
    3/You find yourself wanting to use smile icons when writing letters, etc. for offline purposes (ex: LOL) : True/False
    4/You can't imagine being without your computer for a week: True/False
    5/You log on every day: True /False
    6/You write more than five emails a day: True /False
    7/When you think of a beach, the first thing that comes to mind is web surfing:True /False
    8/You have more than one email account: True /False
    9/You feel lost if you can't log on:True /False
    10/You no longer have an interest in things you used to do, because you'd rather be on the internet: True /False
    11/Someone would have the best chance of reaching you through email : True /False
    12/You rarely leave the house anymore,because you don't want to miss something on the net:True /False
    13/You have a spare computer...just in case one breaks down: True/False
    14/You have more than one personal website: True /False
    15/Your idea of socializing is meeting your friends in the chat room: True/False
    16/You'd rather be on the internet than see a hot new movie at the theatre: True /False
    17/You barely recognize your family members, because you spend so much time on the internet:True /False
    18/You're a member of several message boards or chat rooms: True/False
    19/You often eat while online:True /False
    20/You didn't feel truly complete until you discovered the internet:True/False

N.B: Every TRUE answer gets one point.

If u got between 0 and 5 points
    Congratulations. You're not addicted to the internet. You may enjoy the internet, but you can pull the plug when necessary and involve yourself in other activities. You still recognize your family, your dog, and you've actually been outdoors this week.

If you got between 5 and 13 points
    You're mildly addicted to the internet. Though there are times when you feel hooked, you could live without the internet for a short while and involve yourself in other activities. You must take care; however, for at this stage, full addiction is possible. You may be in trouble if you find yourself on a website and can't remember how you got there.

If you got brween 14 and 20 points
    You're a certified internet addict. The internet controls your life, and sometimes it seems like you surf endlessly. You can't live without your computer and would feel lost if you couldn't log on to the net. At this stage, there's little hope for a cure. Until there is, you must learn to live with your condition and get used to the cold meals that await you at the table each night.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2006-11-21

Character sheet
    Dice Game:
    Internet addict?? Left_bar_bleue100/100Internet addict?? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Internet addict?? Empty Re: Internet addict??

Post by Admin Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Hello Smile
    according to this test I'm middly addicted to the net,
    it's really a problemn i feel lost when the internet connection is broken or shut down but in the prensence of my friends I can stay weeks without connecting, Real life is better than virtuality Wink
    I got 10 true answers so I'm ok :p
    I have to minimise the time I spend in front of my computer screen Wink
    Rahma Sboui Gueddah
    Rahma Sboui Gueddah

Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2006-12-09

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by Rahma Sboui Gueddah Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi Mariouma,
    thank u for the test it's really very helpful since I recognized how much I'm addicted to the net affraid .
    I've got 9 TRUE answers Very Happy means that I'm "mildly addicted to the internet".
    laflouf86
    laflouf86

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2007-02-11

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by laflouf86 Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:54 pm

I have only 6 true answers! The net is very important but it's not every thing in life. e_mails will never be like letters written in a simple paper, and we have more activities to do away from the computer.
    Thank God I'm not addicted Cool
    charradi myriam
    charradi myriam

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2006-11-23

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by charradi myriam Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:57 pm

I had 14 points means that i'm really an Internet Addict Very Happy!!
    I know it's a big problem, but sorry i can no longer live without Internet!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:42 pm