Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Kairouan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Kairouan

Share your knowledge with us, Welcome to the English Department

4 posters

Do you know your Hijri date birth?

safa
    safa

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2007-02-17

Character sheet
    Dice Game:
    Do you know your Hijri date birth? Left_bar_bleue100/100Do you know your Hijri date birth? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Do you know your Hijri date birth? Empty Do you know your Hijri date birth?

Post by safa Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 pm

lol! Hi
    my friend as we are in this blessed month Ramadan an idea came to my mind which is about what is the hijri date equivalent to my birthday, I asked my mother but She didn’t give me the answer, until I found the answer on the net, thanks God that there is such invention that answer all my enquiries, so I wanted to know and eventually I succeeded to reach the answer
    In fact, I found a trustful web site which provide us with a conversion date system from the Gregorian date (solar dating system now in general use) ,that we found in our current calendar , to the Hijri date and vice versa It was just my curiosity that lead me to search but indeed I really get some new information ,so for more information about the Hijri date you can just read this ;

study The Hijri date is the Islamic calendar. It started in the moon year in which prophet Muhammad immigrated from Makkah to Madinah.of course we know that but To learn more about the Hijri date read this

HISTORY AND MOTIVATION

the Islamic Calendar, which is based purely on lunar cycles, was first introduced in 638 C.E. by the close companion of the Prophet and the second Caliph, `Umar ibn Al-KHaTTab (592-644 C.E.). He did it in an attempt to rationalize the various, at times conflicting, dating systems used during his time. `Umar consulted with his advisors on the starting date of the new Muslim chronology. It was finally agreed that the most appropriate reference point for the Islamic calendar was the _Hijrah_. The actual starting date for the Calendar was chosen (on the basis of purely lunar years, counting backwards) to be the first day of the first month (1 MuHarram) of the year of the Hijrah. The Islamic (Hijri) calendar (with dates that fall within the Muslim Era) is usually abbreviated A.H. in Western languages from the latinized _Anno Hegirae_. MuHarram 1, 1 A.H. corresponds to July 16, 622 C.E.
    The Hijrah, which chronicles the migration of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from Makkah to Madinah in September 622 C.E., is the central historical event of early Islam. It led to the foundation of the first Muslim city-state, a turning point in Islamic and world history.
    To Muslims, the Hijri calendar is not just a sentimental system of time reckoning and dating important religious events (e.g., Siyaam (fasting) and Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)). It has a much deeper religious and historical significance.

The Islamic (Hijri) year consists of twelve (purely lunar) months.[

They are:

1) MuHarram

](2) Safar

3) Raby` al-awal
    4) Raby` al-THaany
    5) Jumaada al-awal

6) Jumaada al-THaany
    7) Rajab

(Cool SHa`baan

9) Ramadaan

10) SHawwal

11) Thw al-Qi`dah

12) Thw al-Hijjah

The most important dates in the Islamic (Hijri) year are:
    ]1 MuHarram (Islamic new year);
    27 Rajab (Isra & Miraj);

1 RamaDHaan
    first day of fasting);
    17 RamaDHan (Nuzul Al-Qur'an);

Last 10days of RamaDHaan which include Laylatu al-Qadar;

1 SHawwal

[](`iyd al-FiTr);
    [] 8-10 Thw al-Hijjah (the Hajj to Makkah); and [

[]10 Thw al-Hijjah (`iyd al-'aDHHae).
    Since the Islamic calendar is purely lunar, as apposed to solar or luni-solar,the Muslim (Hijri) year is shorter than the Gregorian year by about 11 days,and months in the Islamic (Hijri) year are not related to seasons, whichare fundamentally related to the solar cycle. This means that importantMuslim festivals, which always fall in the same Hijri month, may occurin different seasons. For example, the Hajj and RamDHaan can take place inthe summer as well as the winter. It is only over a 33 year cycle that lunarmonths take a complete turn and fall during the same season.

For religious reasons, the beginning of a Hijri month is marked not bythe start of a new moon, but by a physical (i.e., an actual human) sightingof the crescent moon at a given locale. From the Fiqhi standpoint, one maybegin the fast in RamDHaan, for example, based on "local" sighting (IKHTILAFAL-MATALE') or based on sighting anywhere in the Muslim World (ITTEHADAL-MATALE'). Although different, both of these positions are valid Fiqhipositions.

Astronomically, some data are definitive and conclusive (i.e. the time of theBIRTH of a new moon). However, determining the VISIBILITY of the crescentis not as definitive or conclusive; rather it is dependent upon severalfactors, mostly optical in nature. This makes it difficult to produce(in advance) Islamic calendars that are reliable (in the sense that theyare consistent with actual crescent visibility). After this extract this is our member list of our English forum;
    If you are still interested to know what correspond your birthday date with the hijri date you can read the list bellow just find your username

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower

Safa: 6 / 12 / 1987
    The conversion result is: Sunday 14 Raby` al-THaany 1408 A.H.

Asma Fejji: 1 / 1 / 1988
    [The conversion result is:Friday 11 Jumaada al-awal 1408 A.H.

]Ibtihel: 1 / 2 / 1987
    The conversion result is: Sunday 2 Jumaada al-THaany 1407 A.H.

[Admin (Ahmed): 25 / 3 / 1987
    The conversion result is: Wednesday 25 Rajab 1407 A.H.

]Rahma Sbuoi Gueddah: 20 / 8 / 1985
    The conversion result is: Tuesday 3 Thw al-Hijjah 1405 A.H.

Laflouf: 26 / 6 / 1986
    The conversion result is: Thursday 18 SHawwal 1406 A.H.

Pretty bella: 23 / 10 / 1984
    The conversion result is: Tuesday 27 MuHarram 1405 A.H.
    Yogorta: 15 / 6 / 1977
    The conversion result is: Wednesday 28 Jumaada al-THaany 1397 A.H.

Joumen: 7 / 8 / 1984
    the conversion result is: Tuesday 9 Thw al-Qi`dah 1404 A.H.

Charradi Myriam: 1 / 1 / 1988
    The conversion result is: Friday 11 Jumaada al-awal 1408 A.H.

Oussa
    18 / 5 / 1985
    the conversion result is: Saturday 27 SHa`baan 1405 A.H.

camello: 30 / 1 / 1991
    The conversion result is: Wednesday 14 Rajab 1411 A.H.

Ibn fraj Bilel: 9 / 5 / 1987
    The conversion result is: Saturday 11 Ramadan 1407 A.H.

Midou: 19 / 10 / 1984
    the conversion result is: Friday 23 MuHarram 1405 A.H.

Ahmed Bleach: 19 / 8 / 1987
    the conversion result is: Wednesday 24 Thw al-Hijjah 1407 A.H.

]Nasralli Houssem: 20 / 1 / 1985
    the conversion result is: Sunday 28 Raby` al-THaany 1405 A.H.

Yasmes: 13 / 12 / 1987
    the conversion result is: Sunday 21 Raby` al-THaany 1408 A.H.

Sourage: [27 / 3 / 1987
    The conversion result is: Friday 27 Rajab 1407 A.H

flower] *There is a small probability of one day error[/size][/size]

I wish that you find this topic useful and if want more and more information you can visit this useful web site; www.islamicfinder.com

Now dear friends we have two birth days one is stable unchangeable and another one is changeable so you can enjoy your second birthday in deferent seasons.

So what do you think? how do you find this idea ?Are
    You with or against "having two birthdays" do you really think of celebrating the hijri date in the future ?

One more question for discussion do you agree that most Tunisians didn’t care about hijri calendar (of course except in Ramadan)?
    [/size]
    queenByequeen
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2006-11-21

Character sheet
    Dice Game:
    Do you know your Hijri date birth? Left_bar_bleue100/100Do you know your Hijri date birth? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Do you know your Hijri date birth? Empty Re: Do you know your Hijri date birth?

Post by Admin Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:32 pm

thx ^^, chehia taiba!!

does anyone knows, when are we supposed to do the medial check at the university??
    and when are we supposed to to register in there!!??

Smile
    safa
    safa

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2007-02-17

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by safa Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:20 pm

i hear that 3rd year on 17 septembe you can go and check
    Asma Fejji
    Asma Fejji

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2007-04-02

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by Asma Fejji Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for my second birthday. I liked this idea Cool
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2006-11-21

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by Admin Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:05 pm

yeah i went to the university today and all 3rd students should go on the day after tomorrow!
    17/9/2008
    see you all Wink
    Rahma Sboui Gueddah
    Rahma Sboui Gueddah

Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2006-12-09

Character sheet
    Dice Game:

Post by Rahma Sboui Gueddah Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:13 am

Thank u very much.It's really very intresting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 am